Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I've been a bad blogger.  Good intentions don't get things done, that's for sure.
Has it really been *that* long since I last posted (and intended to do all sorts of blogs and pics of my crafting
projects?
I better get off my duff.
I *did* manage to dust off a couple of bins that housed my unfinished Xstitch projects.  Good grief, there are at least 30 of them...just waiting to be cleaned, and framed.
Why do I dislike finishing projects?
I love *doing* them.  I get great satisfaction in the actual work--the planning, getting all my floss colours, winding them on floss-holders.  I love to get a new, crisp piece of Aida, finding the center...beginning those first few stitches.
Later, it's rewarding, watching the piece evolve.
But those last few days, those last few stitches--I almost get melancholic!
I then lose steam, and get new vigour by beginning a new piece!
(It kind of sounds like an addiction, no?).

Come to think of it, though...I have a stash of homemade Christmas presents, just waiting for the final touches.
No crowded malls...or sore, blistered feet, trying to find the "perfect" gift.
Now I feel better about the whole thing.
I just have to figure out who gets what!

No comments:

Post a Comment