Monday, February 1, 2010

Is it already February?

Good grief, does time fly.
All the things I was eager to start in January, have not been started.
All the good intentions I had on New Year's Eve...well, let's not even go there!
I have managed to finish a couple of xstitch projects in my WIP pile...and stuck to my promise not to start a new project until an old one is done.  My new project was a Valerie Pfeiffer birds--from her adorable set, of which I've already done one a couple of years ago.  So now I have 2 waiting to be framed.  I've begun a third one, a trio of baby owls.  I've tried to take photos, but I don't like the way they turned out.  I think a light box would be a good idea--I've seen plenty on-line that can be done "by scratch", not costing very much at all.

Tomorrow, the groundhog emerges (is plucked) from his cozy den.  It's been extremely cold here, which means the sun is usually shining--great for the spirit, but not for groundhogs.  He'll see his shadow, and we'll get more winter.  I always wonder...who ever thought it would be a good idea to wake up a groundhog?
I'd be pretty grumpy, too...
Happy Groundhog Day!  Here's to dreaming of Spring!
:o)

3 comments:

  1. Happy February to you!

    thanks for stopping by my giveaway, it is nice to 'meet' you.
    shona cole
    http://shonastudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweet pippi
    I hate plagarism !! I knew a person who did that all the time--we did not stay friends.
    anyway... thank you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway.
    I wish you good luck from catie in spokane washington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind visit to my blog. Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete